Manpower Employment Outlook Survey – Q2/2014
11 March 2014
Manpower Employment Outlook Survey points to uptick in hiring confidence in Belgium and around the world
- ManpowerGroup confidence index starting to pick up and stands at its strongest level (+3) since Q2 2012.
- More than nine out of 10 Belgian employers surveyed intend to keep their workforces intact during the April-June time frame.
- Employers report positive hiring activity in Wallonia (+4) and in Brussels (+3), but a flat labor market in Flanders (0).
- Employers in the Construction industry are the most optimistic (+9). Outlooks are positive in only four of the 10 industry sectors surveyed.
- Encouraging signs on the labour markets in Europe, with only three out of 24 countries still showing negative hiring prospects (Italy, Czech Republic and France)
- Globally, staffing levels are expected to increase in 38 out of 42 countries and territories, the most robust improvement in hiring plans in nearly six years.