Manpower Employment Outlook Survey – Q1/2014
10 December 2013
According to the Manpower Employment Outlook Survey, the Belgian labour market should continue at a conservative pace during the first three months of 2014.
- 90% of Belgian employers surveyed by ManpowerGroup anticipate no change in their staffing levels during Q114.
- ManpowerGroup hiring confidence index remains unchanged compared to the previous quarter and remains slightly negative (-1).
- Employers in the three regions report uncertain hiring prospects: -2 in Wallonia, -1 in Flanders and 0 in Brussels.
- Hiring intentions are positive in only four of the 10 industry sectors surveyed.
- Promising signs for global hiring prospects into 2014, with employers in 34 of 42 countries and territories expecting to increase payrolls in the next three months – although at more modest rates than in the pre-recession years – compared with 29 in Q4 2013.