Manpower Employement Outlook Survey – Q1/2015
9 December 2014
- Stabilization of the Net Employment Outlook but no sign of hiring activity picking up
- The Net Employment Outlook stands at a slightly positive +2, an improvement of 4 percentage points both quarter-over-quarter and year-over-year.
- Employers anticipate limited hiring activity in the three regions: +3 in Brussels and in Wallonia, +1 in Flanders.
- Employers in Manufacturing and Transport, Storage and Communications (+7), Finance, Insurance, Real Estate and Business Services (+6) anticipate the strongest labor markets.
- Hiring forecasts are more robust amongst larger companies (+17), but employers running micro-businesses are far less confident (+1).
- In the EMEA region, positive forecasts are reported in 20 out of 24 countries, even though hiring patterns remain mixed across the region.
- From a global perspective, employers in 38 of the 42 countries and territories report positive hiring intentions.