9th ManpowerGroup Talent Shortage Survey
1 July 2014
- Talent shortages are less prevalent in Belgium: 13% of employers report difficulties filling positions against 22% last year.
Talent mismatches in Belgium (13%) are considerably less than the global average (36%) and the EMEA regional average (27%).
Talent mismatches on the labor market are more prevalent in Brussels (17%) than in Flanders (12%) or in Wallonia (9%).
- The list of critical positions remains relatively unchanged and technical profiles continue to dominate the list.established by ManpowerGroup.
- The lack (or absence) of available candidates (45%), insufficient technical skills (37%) and lack of workplace skills – soft skills (19%) are the main challenges cited by employers seeking the perfect candidate.
- One in two employers believes a lack of available talent is having a negative impact on their ability to meet client needs.
- Employers are considerably more proactive than last year when it comes to implementing strategies to overcome recruiting challenges. 75% of employers faced with recruiting difficulties have implemented action plans, against 60% last year.
- Partnerships with training institutions or colleges (18%), training and development of existing staff (17%) and the use of innovative recruitment methods (12%) are the top three strategies favored by Belgian employers.